JagExp

Modern GT Forum

What did you do with your XK/X100/F-type today?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you repair or replace some worn out parts?
Add a new accessory or performance part? Give it a good cleaning?
Take it out for a drive on twisty back roads?

What did YOU do with your Jaguar today?

Post your update below......

Webmaster, The Jaguar Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
wbjol2tp David Edwards
Richmond Virginia, USA   USA
Not an XK/X100, but on my XK8 Coupe I had the headliner repaired. At the back it had sagged down in the middle, and I guess I was the only one that noticed but it bothered me.
Actually looked as tf it had been recovered before, because it was rolled over creating a kind of bead, but wasn't glued in place.

Next, it has developed a noise in the back of the car that bothers me. Sometimes accelerating coming off a ramp, it sounds almost like you get when crossing the ripples they put up to alert you to stop signs/lights. Doesnt do it when straight and cruising along. WTH?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
I guess I should have titled this "What did you do with your XK*" as I meant it for all the modern XK(x)'s winking smiley

Saggy headliner is the worst, it would have bothered me too.
A little spray-can glue fixes that fast, it's getting to it that takes all the work.

Strange about that noise under acceleration. Just a noise, or can you feel it in the steering wheel at all?

When you accelerate, you transfer the weight balance of the car to the rear wheels, so I would suspect something in that area (loose or unbalanced wheel? alignment? wheel bearing going bad?) unless it's a sound coming from the engine bay. I'd definitely get that checked out.

I had a bad right front wheel bearing that would only make noise when I turned left (loaded opp side), but it was a high pitched squeak.

Webmaster, The Jaguar Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Neetanails Anita Alexander
Cheshire, Winsford, UK   GBR
Prayed that I could win enough money to give her the love and attention she deserves! smiling smiley xx

Millevanille Tim Claxton
Campoverde, Alicante, Spain   ESP
Took my 1998 XKR to Los Montesenos car meet, in the Costa Blanca, Spain.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
009.JPG    45 KB
009.JPG

stuntflyr Avatar
stuntflyr Chris McMillin
Catalina, Foothills, USA   USA
I bought my wife a 2007 XK coupe, very nice car. I bought it in Atlanta, made cursory inspection, drove it around for a while, then bought it and drove it home to Tucson, a nice way to get acquianted. Went to the Jag dealer in Tucson, Royal Jaguar and they worked with my warranty company to no avail on the blower control unit which went bad on the third day, battery was shot and they replaced that and had the windows retinted and then delivered the car all in two days. Reasonable and great people, the service writer was very good, Dave was his name.
Went to Alan at Falconworks down by TUS for a few other things, oil change, comprehensive inspection, some little parts, he pronounced it good and scheduled me for a transmission oil and filter change. He says they need a change every 30K even though Jag says they're sealed and need no maintenance. I can't see how they're a light bulb so I'm going back next month for that.
Chris...

Attachments:
Jag XK right rear.jpg    30.6 KB
Jag XK right rear.jpg

gingan2000 Avatar
gingan2000 Roderick Padilla
Shorewood, USA   USA
1932 Harley-Davidson Touring
1953 MG TD "MGTD"
1953 MG TD
2000 Jaguar XKR Convertible "Red Cat"    & more
I put my XKR and wife's SC450 Lexus on Comprehensive 0nly for the winter salty weather. Bless AAA!

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Jaguar Mark VIII

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links