Welcome! Sign In Register
Please Sign In or Register to Search

Posted by JoelStobbe 
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Joel Stobbe
Canada   can

This is my first time to one of these forums. I am from Langley, BC, Canada, and have a 65 Mustang (my daily driver for the last 24 years, and a 1950 Mercury pickup which has been in the family since it was almost new). After saving a few more sheckles, I am hoping my next purchase to be a Jaguar Mk IX and am hoping that through this site I can meet a few members that might have such a vehicle and I can learn some of their ups and downs, what to watch for in their purchase. I would love to actually see a few of these cars (I have been to countless shows and still have not actually seen an example!) and get more of an idea about them.

Thanks!

Joel
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
Skye Avatar
Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   can
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"
1990 Volkswagen Corrado G60   → more

Hey Joel! Welcome to the website, and good luck with the Mk IX search.

I run a Ford site too, not too busy, but I hope to be adding lots of new content soon:

http://www.fordfirst.com/

Skye

Webmaster, The Jaguar Experience

The AutoShrine Network Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Dave C
somewhere, USA   usa
1950 Ford Custom
1950 Ford F-1 "The Ugly Truckling"
1964 Jaguar Mark 2 "Elizabeth"

Langley ain't too far north of me. Join the Jaguar Club (one offshoot in BC, I think, the other NWJDRC based loosely in Seattle). Lots of good info, cars show up for sale from time to time, good leads. I know them Merc trucks. Tried to buy one before I bought my 50 Ford F-1 twenty something years ago.
Peter Thomas
Victoria, Australia   aus

Hi Joel,
Welcome from me as well.
Good luck with the Mk IX.

Peter.
. You can hide this ad & support this site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info
dacfan Avatar
Wyatt Mattison
Upstate South Carolina, USA   usa

Welcome Joel,
When you find one, post some pics. I've had lots of rusty blobs in my yard that vaguely resembled Jaguars over the years but never a Nine. I think they were just produced for three years so the number must be pretty low. I've had bits and pieces of Mark IIs, Mark hot smiley420)'s, etc. rotting away from time to time. One day I'll man up and buy a Mark II that is already finished so my lazy ass will have a beauty ready to drive instead of glooming aimlessly over what is left of one for a few months then giving up. Obssesing over british steel is a disease and I don't feel so well.

Reply to this topic or post your own questions!

Members Sign In if you've already registered, or

Register a New Account

Registration is free and takes less than a minute

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

JagExp Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

The Pub

Buy, Sell & Trade

Vendor Market

The E-Type (XK-E)

The XJ (6/12/Series)

The XJ-S