The E-Type (XK-E) Forum

Series 3 V-12 1972 Alternator Voltage Regulator Issues

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Asweaverct Avatar
Asweaverct Andrew Weaver
Southington, CT, USA   USA
So I have run down most everything else to try and figure out why my battery is not charging. The battery is good, and all the fuses are fine. I figured the next step was to replace the alternator and voltage regulator. The regulator on the car does not appear to be the original Butec and has been identified as a CAV 130604 Fitted for a Rolls Royce. I have purchased the Butec regulator for the car along with the Butec alternator and am about to change both out. Has anyone ever done this and might they give me some pointers outside of swapping out parts? I mean what is the adjustment on the regulator supposed to be set at?? AND STUFF LIKE THAT.

Andrew

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
wallstman1 Johnonnolly C
New York, New York, USA   USA
Hi Andrew: No doubt by now you have resolved your voltage issues. But if not, remove your alternator and bring to Quality Re manufacturing in Paterson ,New Jersey, just 10 minutes from GW Bridge. If you bring yourself, instead of shipping, they can overhaul your alternator while you run out for a cup of coffee. Best part is they will install a small, modern voltage regulator right to the Butec. Eliminates the need for original regulator, which some people leave for appearance sake. Good luck ! You will love these guys....fix anything !! John

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2015 Jaguar F Type Coupe

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links