AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Polyurethane Bushings
  This topic is about my 1963 Jaguar Mark 2
MKJag Avatar
MKJag Pat Ruster
East Tawas, MI, USA   USA
Has anyone had an irritating squeak in the rear end after time has past since installing the Poly Bushings? I do not know where the squeak is coming from or which bushing. I was told from another person that this is a common problem after about 5 years from the installation. It has become so irritating that I have opted to replace them with the original rubber bushings.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wingnut2 Dale M
Corolla, North Carolina, USA   USA
Silicone spray the poly bushes (a tip from my mechanic). Worked for me.
My gas tank was also squeaking at one point (pushing on the tank produced the squeak). Silicone also stopped the noise there.

MKJag Avatar
MKJag Pat Ruster
East Tawas, MI, USA   USA
Sprayed silicone and WD40 still not solved. I am going to remove the bushings and replace one at a time until isolate the problem.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Wicked Ace Mike Hickey
Lansdale, PA, USA   USA
When installed urethane bushings should be greased, If possible a grease fitting installed. It's a common occurance with them. Why not try to see if you get them lubed before going through the trouble to remove them. They do work better to maintain suspension geometry and certainly will far outlast a rubber bush.

concpumper Kenneth I
Oklahoma City, oklahoma, USA   USA
I bought a poly set for the front suspension on my 140. The bushings were sloppy ( another story), but the grease supplied was too viscus. I was not impressed, so I wiped the supplied grease off and applied some good old JT-6. Worked like a charm. I like the suggestion of drilling and installing zerks. Will probably do that if and when they squeak. If they squeak, they are telling us they are not happy..

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Jaguar E Type

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links