JagExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

1963 Jaguar engine block: 3.8 liter [Florida, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
I have a seized 3.8 liter block from a 1963 MK-2. It is crated and on casters.

there is no cylinder head, just the block with pistons, crankshaft, sump, timing chains, sprockets, damper,
dipstick tube. and who knows what else is there.

May I remind you it is SEIZED. Sat in the Arizona desert for millenia.

will need to be rebuilt, this is a CORE.

Make a decent offer.

I can help with shipping but buyer pays the trucking company, this thing weighs 20 thousand tons, fortunately it is sitting solidly in a very nice solid wood crate and can be moved around.

Actually I'm thinking I should offer a Crate with a Jaguar Engine inside. The crate is a work of art.

1965 Jaguar S type
1984 Jaguar XJ-6

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-03 07:03 PM by Jose A..

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
3.8-engine-crated-1.JPG    28.8 KB
3.8-engine-crated-1.JPG

3.8-engine-crated-2.JPG    28 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Coeshow Avatar
Coeshow Mike C
El Cajon, California, USA   USA
Hello. I'm looking for a good 3.8 block and am willing to pay a fair price. The only real issue I see with yours is there's no telling what condition it's in. Being seized isn't a problem so much as it may have cracks and possibly in the end be unusable. As such, what do you feel is a fair price for taking a gamble? As you mentioned, the thing weighs a ton. Shipping fees will likely be pretty expensive to San Diego where I'm located. Cheers!

Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
I'll send you a PM.

before being crated, the sump was removed and crankshaft / rods / inspected visually, everything looked good in there, I say "looked good" because it was not tested, it being seized.

The block was inspected as best as can be done without a dismantle and there are no cracks or anything obvious to the eye. I bought it for myself as a spare 3.8 block for my S type, but I realize I don't have plans to rebuild it so that is why I am selling it.

I can try to find out the least expensive way to get it there, I know a few trucking companies who make weekly deliveries to the storage facility where I keep it, so I can at least ask them. Their huge trucks have electric lifts so I do not see any problem with moving it into a truck or transporting it, They deliver huge industrial crates / containers with giant generators and such 3 or 4 times the size of my crated block, To those people the crated engine must be like a toy.

I'm going to bolt on some handles to make it easier to pull or push the crate on its wheels.

Thanks

1965 Jaguar S type
1984 Jaguar XJ-6

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1969 Jaguar E Type 2 2

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links