Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

WTB Aristocat XK Coupe - any around in the US? [KY, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
WANTED: Looking for a completed XK120 coupe replicar made by Aristocat.
Any out there in the US/Canada?

Any for sale?
Thanks.

1968 Jag 420G
1976 MG Midget, BugEye nose conversion
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Turbo conversion
1956 Jag XK140

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
still looking?

I know of a running XK120 replicar Roadster for sale, (not coupe like your XK-140 and no soft top).

Ford Mustang chassis, drivetrain, and 4 cylinder Ford engine. Runs smooth. A bullet. Needs detailing interior and reinforcing trunk lid and bonnet which seem too woobly for my taste, but otherwise fiberglass is intact and all chrome hardware and windshield frame has a nice patina. Last price was $25k.

1965 Jaguar S type
1984 Jaguar XJ-6

baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
Jose,
Thanks for the info.
But, we went ahead and got that '56 XK140 FHC, so I think we'd only be interested in one of the high end "Aristocats".
I've seen one of the other XK replicars, and I did not like the craftsmanship.

break break.... Did you get hit by Irma in Orlando?

1968 Jag 420G
1956 Jag XK140

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Orlando, Florida, USA   USA
yes we got the outside wind slaps, pretty heavy winds, I had never felt winds like that, Knocked many trees, left areas without power for long days and nights,

I have a friend in Louisville with a MG Midget that needs a clutch diagnosis or repair. Do you work on MG ?

1965 Jaguar S type
1984 Jaguar XJ-6

baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
In reply to # 14231 by Jose A. yes we got the outside wind slaps, pretty heavy winds, I had never felt winds like that, Knocked many trees, left areas without power for long days and nights,

I have a friend in Louisville with a MG Midget that needs a clutch diagnosis or repair. Do you work on MG ?

Jose,
Yes I work on Midgets, but only my own. The clutch on the Midget is Da Devil! There are endless threads about how to bleed the slave cylinder, which tends to always be the problem. There is no cure: new slave, re-routed bleeders, extended bleeder hoses, standing on one's head, lighting candles, prayers, curses --- nothing seems to help except MAGIC. Something magic happens, which the mechanic cannot explain , and suddenly everything works.
I'm sure your friend has run into the clutch threads posted on MGExperience forum.

1968 Jag 420G
1956 Jag XK140

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster