JagExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Jaguar XK 120 aluminium hood (bonnet) for sale in Syracuse, NY, USA [London, GBR]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

alexromi Alexander R
London, London, UK   GBR
Hello. This is my second post today. I have a 1950's Jaguar XK 120 (maybe also fits the 140) hood (in US talk - bonnet in UK) which I picked up at a garage sale years ago "just in case" I or some other Jag enthusiast may need it one day. It is stored in Syracuse, NY, together with other Jag stuff, like the MK VII rolling chassis I advertised in my previous post a few minutes ago. I am losing my storage in Syracuse and have to clear out everything. As there is a tight deadline to vacate my storage, I have today placed an ad on eBay to sell the XK 120 hood by seven-day auction. The ID number of the ad on eBay is 122680030528. there you will find a more complete description and also many photos to show the condition. The starting bid I have suggested is 60 bucks. If it does nor sell in the auction, I will of course accept offers rather than sending the hood off to the scrap merchant. If, interested, have a look on eBay and bid. If you have questions or comments, respond either through this website or eBay, or better still, use my email and Skype contact information I have posted on eBay. I suggest Skype rather than phone numbers as I am currently on an overseas trip to many different locations so Skype is the best and cheapest way to make contact. I am online almost all day every day. Please remember that the auction will only run until September 7. I really hope that my parts may help to keep one or more 1950's Jags on the road. Incidentally, the components are located in Syracuse, NY, USA. Thanks. Alex.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
baloo Avatar
baloo Silver Member s y
Louisville, KY, USA   USA
Man, I just missed this posting (and your EBay ad)!
If the sale falls through, please contact me (live in Louisville, KY, area)
Ph 410-349-7576
steve

1968 Jag 420G
1976 MG Midget, BugEye nose conversion
1987 Porsche 911 Carrera Turbo conversion
1956 Jag XK140

alexromi Alexander R
London, London, UK   GBR
Hi, baloo. OK - if the buyer at the eBay auction pulls out of the deal, I will get in touch.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
sailr Avatar
sailr Glen Read
Edmonds, WA, USA   USA
Alex, I am no expert but I think your bonnet is worth a lot more than 60 bucks. Suggest you call several Jag used parts dealers and ask if they have one or what it may cost to buy one. I will be very surprised if they would not want to buy it specially if it is in good shape. I called Welsh Ent as they deal in used parts but they didn't have one. Called a couple of other dealers SNG Barratt want $7,900 for a new one made in UK. Called a Jag auto wrecker parts guy and he said you would pay a lot if you could find one. Hope that helps. Don't give it away.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster