JagExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Wanted: 4.2 Jaguar engine [Ontario, CAN]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Jagged Brad Reynolds
Burlington, Ontario, Canada   CAN
I have a '77 XJ6 with no drivetrain, and would like to re-install a 4.2 series 2 or 3 engine. I am looking for an engine I can install and run with, possibly recently rebuilt or just well taken care of and has not sat idle for years. Any options would be appreciated, thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
rdk robert keefer
sykesville md., USA   USA
I have an engine and tran from a 1986 XJ6, complete with fuel infection and everything connected to the engine. Trans and engine are still together, as removed from car. 65 K miles, about fifteen years ago. The car was known to me, and was in excellent condition until the accident, which totaled the car. The engine has been kept in my garage since then. I have equipment to load. $1500 for all. Thanks. I am located near Baltimore, Maryland.

Jagged Brad Reynolds
Burlington, Ontario, Canada   CAN
Hi Robert,

Sounds like your engine may be expected to run without anything being torn down for a rebuild. At the least, if it does need head work the job should be less involved than an older and/or higher mileage one. Do you have the ECU for the injection? (my car is a series 2 -originally carb'd car) I would have to integrate it into my older main wiring harness, but that shouldn't be too hard - or I may buy a series 3 parts car anyway and I'd have the wiring harness from that car. Are most of the ancillaries with it - ie alternator, PS pump, AC compressor?

Thanks, Brad

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
antique79 Russell Armstrong
Bath, NH, USA   USA
I have a 84 XJ6 4.2 fuel injection, all electronics except air mass meter. Engine is still in car. It has a Johns Cars quarter breed trans conversion with GM trans. It ran well when parked several years ago. Good oil Pressure. The engine may have been rebuilt when the conversion was put in. I bought the car for the rear suspension and have parted some trim from it

rdk robert keefer
sykesville md., USA   USA
The complete fuel injection unit is on the engine, but no ECU, alternator, ps pump, or compressor. Everything else is complete and together, as it left the factory.

thebo Avatar
thebo Edward Bowe
Prescott, AZ, USA   USA
1986 Jaguar XJ-S "Georgia Belle"
1986 Jaguar XJS "Georgia Belle"
1992 Jaguar XJ6 (XJ40) "Black Savage"
1992 Jaguar XJ6 (XJ40) "Black Savage"    & more
I rebuilt a '92 XJ-40 ,this car had manyspareparts when I purchased a damaged car in Mich for the interior . The car is restored and I have a Slant 6 engine and matching transmission. power train available, $800, blue leather interior $ 500. It turned out original interior was better than I knew as the buckets were covered.

Ed Bowe 928-460-2678

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1968 Jaguar E Type 2 2

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links