Visit our Twitter feed for more great content
JagExp

The E-Type (XK-E) Forum

has anyone lifted s3 v12 with Quick Jack(5000SLX)?

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jagpark74 jon j
cleveland, OH, USA   USA
Wondering If anyone successfully lifted S3 V12 with this product. If so, I would like to know which jacking points been used. Thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
3skid3 Steve P
Canyon Country, USA   USA
I have lifted a S1.5 2+2 with my Quick Jack. There are jacking tabs under the front outer corner of the footwells, and tabs just in front of the rear wheels, behind the radius arm mount. I'm not sure if the S3 have the same jacking tabs, but I can't see them not having a safe place to jack from. My car had been jacked up in so many wrong places the floorboards looked like the moon. It required a lot of hammering to get them back to original. I also see a lot of people jacking the rear on the radius arm mount, which is probably ok, but might be too far inset for the Quick Jack. Always try to spread the load, maybe by putting a 2x4 or something across a larger area. That's if there isn't a dedicated lift spot.

Attachments:
AvM9CvqdQ+eGrYMk8y2ZPg.jpg    54.5 KB
AvM9CvqdQ+eGrYMk8y2ZPg.jpg

Mitchman2 Avatar
Mitchman2 Mitchell Andrus
Mills River, NC, USA   USA
I have a QJ 5000 and decided against lifting such a heavy, old monococ car ('66 OTS). I use it on smaller mono cars and frames.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
3skid3 Steve P
Canyon Country, USA   USA
Mitchell, do you consider a 66 OTS as heavy? I've used this on a 4500 lb Infiniti and it didn't flinch. The 5000 in 5000SLX, is for up to 5000 pounds of lift. I doubt any E-type would be remotely close to the max lift of this jack.

Mitchman2 Avatar
Mitchman2 Mitchell Andrus
Mills River, NC, USA   USA
In reply to # 15075 by 3skid3 Mitchell, do you consider a 66 OTS as heavy? I've used this on a 4500 lb Infiniti and it didn't flinch. The 5000 in 5000SLX, is for up to 5000 pounds of lift. I doubt any E-type would be remotely close to the max lift of this jack.

Your infinity hasn't yet been had rusty panel cut out and replaced, has it?

It's not the weight, it's the fragility of the lifting points that counts.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1958 Jaguar MK 1

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links