JagExp

The Pub

What Did You Do To Your Jaguar Today??

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

roland Roland G
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
having some work done on it... rear end - brakes, bushings, master cylinder, shocks, fuel injection harness, plugs, other wiring bits.... compression test result - 180lbs across the board.. It should run better after all is said and done.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
fs_2002_wimpole_hall_a.jpg    44.2 KB
fs_2002_wimpole_hall_a.jpg

Xjs Barry O'Brien
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland   IRL
What a beautiful Alsatian
What's his name?

Xjs Barry O'Brien
Dublin, Ireland, Ireland   IRL
Basking in her radiance no doubt

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ashley James Avatar
Stroud, UK   GBR
I don't have a Jaguar right now, but a Bentley, a Healey 3000 and a TR3A, but a chum spotted this in a car park in Cheltenham UK today and I thought you might like the picture.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 12:19 PM by Ashley James.

roland Roland G
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
That's beautiful Ashley... it epitomizes what open road touring is all about.

Ashley James Avatar
Stroud, UK   GBR
This might be of interest too. It's the second E Type to have been built. I saw it at the Jaguar and Healey meeting at Prescott Hill Climb, which is the home of the Bugatti Owners Club.

Ash

dwmf Avatar
dwmf David Fawcett
Mansfield, Notts, UK   GBR
1973 Jaguar XJ6 "Etta"
Had a pair of fog lamps added to the front of my XJ6 Series 2 (like you see on Daimlers of the same model). Also new headliner from Myrtle and new shiny wooden knobs on the fresh air levers, as the old Bakelite ones were disintegrating. With the reconditioning of the leather seats, she'll be beautiful again. Work should be finished next week. Will post photos.

freddril12 Avatar
freddril12 Fred D.
Estero, FL, USA   USA
Still trying to learn the personality of my new '95 XJS convertible with 189K miles. Had such trouble for about 3 weeks with the top either not going up, or not going down, or usually both. Also passenger window went down, but not upsmiling smiley. Moved all the relays in the trunk many times. Was at the point of looking for motors on the internet. Decided to try it once in the supermarket parking lot. It went down. Got home, let it sit for a couple hours, then it wouldn't go up. Sat all night in the garage, then it went up and down and up and down and has worked ever since. Anyone have a relative of my Jag that has a similar personality?
One of the two straps has come loose from the aluminum piece riveted to the strut, so when the top is half down, I have to push the rear window a little into the well and then it doesn't hit the back of the seat. Don't know whether to try to fix just that, or to get a new top with new dampening material instead of the horsehairsmiling smiley. Would like to replace the top myself but I know it's one really big job. Comments welcomedsmiling smiley.

Baldi70E Avatar
Baldi70E john bald
beamsville, ON, Canada   CAN
I finally got it painted after being at the body shop since last May, a long hall strip and prep job, engine was still in so trickyyy

Attachments:
IMG_9096.jpg    42.6 KB
IMG_9096.jpg

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Looking good John, nothing like fresh paint to get exited about!

What colour is that?

Webmaster, The Jaguar Experience

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts.
Scott6109 Scott Mclaughlin
Holtsville, NY, USA   USA
Just my 2 1/2 cents my series 1 xj6 had an msd electronic ignition fitted.It just scared the hell out of me.Always thought if it crapped out on the road where do I start? That’s why I always carried an extra distributer with me.At a British car show in New Hampshire there was a vender British Vaccume Unit who rebuilt distributers.Got home and sent him my distributer.Best thing I ever did to any car I ever owned.The difference in proformance was unbelievable.it was like driving a different car.

ITSuits Avatar
ITSuits Joseph Suits
Lovettsville, VA, USA   USA
With the weather so bad, did the following:

Opened the Garage Door

Removed car cover

Started our 1997 XJ6

Backed it up three feet, so the exhaust was outside.

Let it run for 15 min, checked the fluids and charging system.

Pulled it back in.

Replaced Car Cover.

Waiting for winter to end, so it can get some greatly needed road time.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1957 Jaguar XK140

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links