AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jim.d James Delashaw
Enterprise, AL, USA   USA
1995 Jaguar XJS "Black Bitch"
2009 Jaguar XF
Looks great !

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jim.d James Delashaw
2009 Jaguar XF
Over the past couple of weeks cleaned out the secondary air rails and replaced the check valves, replaced spark plugs, and had fuel rail and injectors serviced by David Faircloth in Jacksonville

scoupe89 Avatar
scoupe89 Jim Dunne
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
1968 Jaguar E-Type Convertible "Silver Bullet Roadster"
1969 Jaguar E-Type 2+2
1987 Jaguar XJ-SC "Hanger Queen"
1992 Jaguar XJ-S
I replaced the factory sway bar bushings, washers, and threaded studs with Energy Suspension standard Polyurethane bushing set. It appears to be a standard replacement and the poly bushings are solid and firm up the sway control.

1968 E Type Roadster
1969 E type 2+2
1987 Jaguar XJ-SC V12 Champagne/Beige interior - 48k orig miles
1989 Jaguar XJ-S V12 Red/Beige - Dayton wire wheels
1992 Jaguar XJS V12 White/Beige - Alpine CD/MP3

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-06-04 02:21 PM by scoupe89.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
MiFoodie Bill Mialk
Midland, MI, USA   USA
Well. Moving forward with the needed maintenance on my 1990 Jag XJS-V12. Last thing I did was change the trans fluid. Looked dark despite the low miles but probably due to age. Next is to change out the brake fluid. Onward !

jbradshaw Avatar
jbradshaw Gold Member John Bradshaw
North Brunswick, NJ, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Desmond"
1994 Jaguar XJS
Good morning all. I replaced the battery on my '94 XJS 5 speed yesterday. The old one (couldn't find a date code anywhere) wasn't putting out full voltage and I suspect was causing various Check Engine codes. It also wouldn't take a charge.
New battery should hopefully correct that. Car ran good on a test drive in 65F weather here in New Jersey. Should have put the top down.
So far so good.
John

jim.d James Delashaw
2009 Jaguar XF
Replaced the a/c compressor.

If you haven't tried finding a replacement Sanden 7HD15 134a compressor for the post-facelift V12, you haven't lived. Most vendors have the wrong compressor combination of pulley (need a single v-belt and they have 6-ribbed serpentine type pulley), compressor body (should be direct mount and they are selling ears mount), and back-end should be QY configured . Be careful when buying on-line. You can't trust the websites claim that their compressor will fit your Jag -- unless you are driving a 4.0 engine Jag. Even one of my most trusted Jag supply houses had it wrong.

4.0 engine guys have it made <sigh>

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1973 Jaguar XJ12 Series 1

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links