The E-Type (XK-E) Forum

transmission synchro

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

chrisowens chris owens
atlanta, USA   USA
Has anyone had luck finding synchros for transmissions? Need 4 for my series 2
and they are really tough to find. All of the usual suspects (xks,terrys,welch...etc)
are backordered indefinitely. Ebay listings all look like they are used items. Part
number is C23391.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
angelw Bill A
Berwick, Victoria, Australia   AUS
In reply to # 14590 by chrisowens Has anyone had luck finding synchros for transmissions? Need 4 for my series 2
and they are really tough to find. All of the usual suspects (xks,terrys,welch...etc)
are backordered indefinitely. Ebay listings all look like they are used items. Part
number is C23391.

Hello Chris,
Given you need 4, what you want is actually the Synchro Baulk Ring, the part number of which is C22391. I have at least 10 in stock and can spare 4 if you can't get any locally.

Regards,

Bill

chrisowens chris owens
atlanta, USA   USA
Hi Bill,
You are correct. I mistyped the part number. If you can spare 4 baulk rings
it would be a great help. I normally drive my e-type to work and have been
limiting the trips for a while now to ease up on the trans. I have the remaining
parts for the rebuild and these are unavailable until November. How should we proceed?
Thanks in advance,
chris

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1972 Jaguar E Type 2 2

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links