1972 S3 Brake bleeding question

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Morty Avatar
Morty Silver Member Shawn Morton
Calgary, AB, Canada   CAN
1972 S3 XKE
I have rebuilt or replaced all components and am trying to get the fluid to the back callipers. I bench bled the rear brakes before installing the cradle and I have installed the bleeder kit from XKs Unlimited with the speed bleeders.
Servo has been resleeved with a new kit and I have a new Master cylinder. The front brakes bled fine, and I have a good feeling peddle. The car is a post April car so no (PDWA). The strange thing is that fluid from the master reservoir is transferring to the servo reservoir.
Now this happened while the car was not running, I have just ran the car and the peddle feels good but I have the speed bleeders loose and still no fluid. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Shawn

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Mister Mitch Mitch Roe
Phoenix, AZ, USA   USA
Shawn,

a great way to bleed brake on an E is to take a bicycle inner tube and cut it cross ways....put one end over one of the reservoir bottles and clamp and put the other end over the other reservoir bottles and clamp......pump up the tube with the valve......now you have pressure being exerted onto the fluid so bleed your brakes..

Also...a little late now but the "speed bleeders sold by xk's unlimited are not necessary if you switch the feed pipes that go to caliper...one feed pipe feeds one side of the caliper and the other feed pipes feeds the other....if they are switched then you gain access to bleed your breaks without having to use the xk's unlimited gizmo..

Mitch

Morty Avatar
Thanks Mitch

I did use low pressure air at the reservoir, I like the inner tube idea though. I see what you mean with the rear callipers, defiantly not interested in dropping the cradle again so
Ill play with it more this upcoming week. The car has been in storage since 1992 by previous owner so after a long winter of replacing everything rubber I'm keen to take her for a spin.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0713.jpg    65 KB
IMG_0713.jpg

Morty Avatar
Thanks Mitch

The inner tube trick worked!

Shawn

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1988 Daimler Double Six

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links