JagExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Bolt on Wheels [, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

1R11126 Perry Davids
Trying to convert from wire wheels to bolt on type, and I need front and rear hubs. Please e-mail perry@ucsea.com. Rear are #C30949. Cannot use XJ6 hubs, maybe Series 3 E-type will work?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
3skid3 Steve P
Canyon Country, USA   USA
I am also converting from wires to bolt-on on my 68 S1.5. I purchased a set of hubs a while ago, and I believe they were from an early XJ6, but I'm not 100% positive. The research I did showed them to be a direct swap. I will probably test them out in the next few months and will know more then.

1R11126 Perry Davids
I have been told that Series 2 and 3 XJ6 hubs will work, bit NOT Series 1 XJ6. I have found some but hesitant to buy because of conflicting advice regrading fitment. What wheels are you thinking of?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
lewmac Avatar
lewmac Silver Member Lew McAllan
Hawthorn Woods, Chicago, IL, USA   USA
1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Biggy - SOLD To Switzerland"
1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Buggy"
1968 Austin-Healey Sprite "Bluey"
1969 MG MGC "Greeny"
Gents,

I just purchased a set of rare never used minilite style wheels with both Jaguar E-type center lock splines and MGC / Austin Healey splines. I will be using these wheels on my MGC, so I will have the Jaguar center lock splines available. These would need to be paired with a set of minilites or similar style wheel by a wheel shop or good machine shop. I will post some pics.

Any interest ?

Thanks
Lew

Attachments:
IMG_0031.JPG    36.9 KB
IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_0032.JPG    39.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
1R11126 Perry Davids
Lew,

I got your e-mail and sent a reply. I am interested!

Attachments:
Ben Car 2.jpg    46.2 KB
Ben Car 2.jpg

lewmac Avatar
lewmac Silver Member Lew McAllan
Hawthorn Woods, Chicago, IL, USA   USA
1958 Austin-Healey 100-Six "Biggy - SOLD To Switzerland"
1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite "Buggy"
1968 Austin-Healey Sprite "Bluey"
1969 MG MGC "Greeny"
Nice B !

The Jag center lock hubs are still fitted to the wheels.

I have a set of Magnesium wheels that are on the C, but there are many that warn against using aged "mags" even on the road, let alone track days. My mag wheels are being cleaned up and powder coated or painted (if pitting does not allow powder coating), one needed a repair to a chip on the rim, so not sure about that wheel.

Consequently, when I heard about these wheels, I bit the bullet and invested ! Apparently the seller had purchased for his MGC but wheels had Jag hubs, so he then had to locate some MGC hubs. You can see that the Jag hubs have never be used, and nor have the wheels, as he never converted to the MGC hubs. I need to convert one to make sure they fit the MGC which has flared wheel arches as you can see.

I will need to Research the value of the hubs and wheels. Any thoughts on that ?

Cheers
Lew

Attachments:
wheel crop.jpg    3.1 KB
wheel crop.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1970 Jaguar E Type Convertible

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links