JagExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

1964 S Type engine compartment decals [CT, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

AlanWiedie Gold Member Alan Wiedie
Bolton, CT, USA   USA
A couple of years ago I re-restored my engine bay during the installation of a new engine. My goal was to get everything as original as possible and I enlisted the help of David Reilly from the International S Type Register who still has his un-restored S Type that he purchased new in 1965. I was not able to find a source for a couple of decals that were missing from my car and I proceeded, with David's help, to reproduce them as original. I had to have a number of them made and offer the extra ones for sale here. For those interested in originality, these will make a nice finishing touch. I only know that they are correct for the S Types, but they may also have been used on other Jaguar models.

Item 1 - Brake system fluid warning label: Red lettering and border on white sticky-back film - 1 1/16" x 2 1/4". Mounts on left inner fender near brake fluid bottle.

Item 2 - Smith fan motor decal set: White lettering on clear sticky-back film. Smiths 12V with rotational arrow plus FHM 5372 ID.

Each item is $6 postage included. Cash, check or Paypal accepted. Send PM to:

Alan Wiedie
Bolton, CT
USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
s type decals 003.JPG    43.6 KB
s type decals 003.JPG

s type decals 001.JPG    47.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
that's a wonderful restoration !!

1965 Jaguar S type
1984 Jaguar XJ-6

AlanWiedie Gold Member Alan Wiedie
Bolton, CT, USA   USA
Thanks,Jose

Here are a couple more photos. The original bonnet insulation panels were in pretty good shape but I still had to repair worn areas which I did using very thin fiberglass mat and then painted them with high heat flat black paint. The other photo shows the almost completed project with the bonnet off. I have lots more if you're interested. I spent a couple of years on this engine compartment project, completely stripping the engine bay, re-painting, new harness, new lines and clips, brakes, etc., etc, and rebuilding the engine.

Alan

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
bonnet insulation 2.JPG    50.6 KB
bonnet insulation 2.JPG

S engine 2013-1.JPG    52.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Orlando, FL, USA   USA
I have two sets of S type bonnet insulation that I would like to get restored too, but they are so deteriorated it is better to make new ones, which of course won't be easy.

I have some ideas but they would be flat, without the bulges of the original pads.

1965 Jaguar S type
1984 Jaguar XJ-6

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

2001 Jaguar XJ8L

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links